Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 6...Sedona...or...I've Found My Home

Today, I found myself in Sedona.  The day started with me in not such a great mood, and ended with such a feel of peace.  This is the feel that I had last year after driving through Yellowstone.  A sense of understanding, remembering that the world is so much bigger than my small corner of it, remembering that the world is so much smaller than we realize as well.  We all share the same air, the same space.  We are all brothers and sisters, all teachers and students, all striving for the same general thing: peace.
I spent a lot of time alone today, and a lot of time with others.  Learning from myself and learning from strangers.
When I got to Sedona today, I was tired.  I was exhausted.  I had driven too far and had been away too long.  I was worried about those I love, worried about my job, worried about loyalty scores, missing my co-workers at my branch.  The stress was palpable and radiating off of me.  My mind couldn't still and I considered seeing if I could get a flight home earlier.
Sedona has rejuvenated me.  I only wish I had more time here to relax and recharge.  But already, I'm more recharged then I've been in a long while.  There is a smile on my face.  
....and I know what is to thank for that smile.  :)
May have to come back soon.

Wow.  That was deep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment