Saturday, September 11, 2010

Omaha....like Iowa, only further West - or Day 1

We have happily reached the end of day of day 1.  I just got back from going to a movie..."Eat, Pray, Love".  It was a wonderful movie about a woman who sets off on a travel adventure to find herself.  Hmmm, somehow I related to it.  Go figure.
I didn't make it to the Omaha Zoo today, I rolled into town and found out that the zoo closes at 5:00 after labor day, so I'll head there tomorrow before I leave town.  It is one of the things I really wanted to do, so I'm really going to.  I am not sure if that means I'll make it all the way to Cheyenne tomorrow or not.  I'll keep you posted.

I did have some interesting observations from my first day in the little Toyota Camry....
It doesn't take driving very far south before some sort of southern twang kicks into the accents.  Just a few miles west of Des Moines,  I could have sworn I was in Arkansas - and I got called ma'am five times in my stop at the gas station.
I find it very humorous to stop at gas stations for a few minutes and then get on the road and pass the same people I passed earlier.  Part of me thinks I'm running a race and I just lapped these people.  I'm guessing my dad would say I'm driving too fast. 

...sorry dad.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment