Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 4...Moab, UT

What a very cool day.  The trip out of Aspen was gorgeous and easy.  There were no more white knuckle moments as I left the Rocky Mountains and headed on to the Red Rocks of Utah.
I did have a slight mishap in Glenwood Springs, CO.  I got to meet one of GSPD's finest.  I got pulled over going a wee bit too fast through town.  Apparently it was 25mph, and I just don't go that slow.  Luckily, the kind officer took pity on me and let me go with a warning.  I'm guessing that doing the paperwork on a woman with a MN license, driving a WA registered rental car, in the middle of CO was just too much.  I also had to take the car through a car wash today.  I had 1000 miles worth of dead bugs on the car, and it was getting more than a little disgusting. 
I am now hanging out in Moab, Utah.  It is on the edge of of Arches National Park.  I didn't head up into the park yet, because I went in search of the above petroglyphs.  All I had was directions, and the glyphs aren't marked as I thought they would be.  But, I found them, and they were amazing.  It fascinated me to be able to touch something so old, so important to history.
I had dinner tonight from the "Moab Diner".  If ever a place should be on "Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives", this place should be.  It was such a dive, and so so busy.  This city is loaded with tourists, but this place, you could tell, was for the locals.  They have a green chili cheese sauce that they put on everything.  I had an open faced roast beef sandwich, and it was smothered in their famous sauce.  It was out of this world good.
Part of me has been a little homesick...I love being on the road and gone, but I also miss the people I love who aren't with me.  I'm thrilled to be the only person I have to answer to, but I also don't have anyone here to get all keyed up over rock carvings with me.  Okay, well, maybe I'd still be the only one that gets keyed up over petroglyphs....

No comments:

Post a Comment