Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 3

I have officially averted my first catastrophe.  I lost my iPhone today, which is odd since it normally is glued to my palm.  I left it on a bench at the mall.  Thank goodness someone turned it into the nail salon that I got my toes painted at.  But I didn't check there until I was in full panic mode.
I woke up this morning in Montana, drove through Idaho and am now in Salt Lake City.  I stopped at the Potato Museum in Idaho, but I was thinking it would be like a factory or something.  It was a very small hole in the wall that sold potato key chains to unsuspecting tourists.  Since I was a suspecting tourist, I didn't buy one.
I stopped by the Church of Latter Day Saints HQ here in Salt Lake.  The tabernacle was beautiful, and I stopped in to the Tabernacle Choir Auditorium.  Both places were gorgeous, but the deal is quite simple:  if you're on their property, you're fair game to get preached to.  I was asked five times today if I had accepted Jesus as my personal saviour.  They really ought to come up with a better tag line.  I mean, does anyone every really say no to that?  I did overhear someone say "I gave at the office."  Personally, I had a hard time not questioning all these girls about why they want to be part of religion that ....  aw, heck.  I didn't start this blog to begin debating the brainwashing of the female population of Utah.  It did dawn on me, however, that it's really not that strange that this whole town is full of them.  I mean, this is their Rome.  The whole world's Mormons consider this their Mecca.  Okay.  Whatever.
I had another odd epiphany today.  I got my toes painted today in preperation for Vegas.  I can now only paint my toe nails colors that go nicely with my tattoo.  Today my toes are yellow.
I wish I had more to say, but I was right....Utah pales in comparison to Wyoming/Montana/Yellowstone.  I already am wishing for my next trip to that area.  I loved everyting about that area.  I really did learn so much about myself there.  And it did remind me of one of the best things about me:  I'm very much my father's daughter.

1 comment:

  1. We had a layover in Salt Lake City a few months ago. I remember being struck by how convivial and kind so many of the local people at the airport were. Can't say two hours was enough to form many more impressions.:) Anyway enjoy the drive!

    ReplyDelete