Thursday, October 8, 2009

T minus 36 hours and counting!

I've got all my gear in the spare room waiting to be packed up and thrown in the rental car tomorrow. I'm planning on leaving here at about 4am on my way to Custer, SD for the first leg of the trip. I took a look at the weather, and it will be a balmy 27 degrees and snowing when I get there. I have no doubt that the snow will make for a very interesting trip through the Rocky Mountains on Sunday.
Some people have been telling me they are so excited for me to go on this adventure...others think I'm flat out nuts. The nearer it gets to the time, the more nervous and excited I get. The "what-if" monster is crawling around in my head. What if the car breaks down? What if I get lost? What if I get really bored?

No comments:

Post a Comment